background

August 30, 2011

My Lack of OCD

So I will admit it, our house is not always clean. Most of the time there are toys scattered across the house with a random dog toy here and there. The sink almost always has dishes in it, not because we dont clean them, but because the second I start the dishwasher a cup appears from nowhere and thus starts the "pile" again in the sink. There is often a layer a dust in one room or another. The floors are generally clean for like 30 minutes and then Allen comes tromping through or Noah spills something and gets them dirty again. Our bathroom...ugghh.. I don't even want to go there. Our baseboards probably haven't been cleaned since before Noah was born. (Embarrassing, but we are all friends here right?) The windows...Seriously Lord only knows.
I do clean, I really do. Going by the previous paragraph you are probably thinking you need to call DCS on us but I promise our house is no rat hole, it is just not spotless. And honestly, I have become OK with that.
I clean what I can, when I can and that is all I can do. I feel like I am surrounded by friends who have cleaning OCD and can't stand for there to be one fork in the sink or one speck of dirt on their floor. All I can say is don't judge me because I am not like that.I wasn't raised in a home like that and I didn't grow into that kind of adult. I am sorry.
I have learned the word "clean" has many different definitions depending on who you are talking to, my definition changes depending on who is or isn't coming over to our house that day :)
A few days ago, a friend told me to be thankful that I didn't "have" to clean the garage windows or dust the bedroom every single day. But it did make me think how funny it is that sometimes while I wish I had a little MORE "need" to clean, apparently there are others that wish they had much less.
Just another example of how we are all made different for a reason, and how neither side is right or wrong, but for those of you that are the clean freaks, just don't hate me because there are toys in the floor, dust on my baseboards, and dishes in my sink. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment