background

August 2, 2011

A Year Ago Today... (Part Two)

A Year Ago today was both a wonderful day and a bit of a blur.
A Year Ago today our lives changed forever in just one breath.
A Year Ago today our very large family sat in the waiting room at the hospital waiting on one tiny person.
A Year Ago today our son was born.


As the nurse said it would, all the action started around 6am. She started coming in about every 30 - 45 min and upping the pitocin drip. By 7:30, I decided I was ready for that epidural.

My Doctor came in soon after and broke my water and then the contractions REALLY kicked in! WOW! Epidural was put in shortly after and it took a little while to get it leveled out. My left side was numb pretty much immediately but I could still feel EVERYTHING on the right side.  We got it fixed and once I was pain free, my body went into complete relax mode. I felt like someone had given me a sleeping pill! I was OUT! I would wake up when someone came in the room but it wouldn't take me long to go back to sleep.

Labor went fast, I say that, but again keep in mind I was asleep through pretty much all of it :) I know around 10 or 10:30am the nurse checked me and I was at 9cm, Only 1 more to go!
I remember waking up somewhere between 1 and 1:30 when the nurse came in to check me and I said to her "I don't mean to be rude, but what are we waiting on?" No one had checked me in hours and I just knew I had to be at a 10! My nurse came back in shortly and checked me and I was indeed at a 10. She left and when she came back it was go time! It was all so fast I couldn't believe Noah was about to be here and in my arms! 3 sets of ten second count-pushes later, He was here!

At 2:08pm, on August 2, 2010 Noah was born, 8lbs 7.5ozs & 19.5in long. He was beautiful, healthy and PERFECT!








A Year Ago today we became parents.
A Year Ago today our lives changed forever in just one breath.
A Year Ago today God gave us the most beautifully, perfect gift anyone could ever give.
A Year Ago today our son was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment