background

October 26, 2010

Chubby Girl... Down!

I have begun my attempt to loose this baby weight!! Yesterday for the first time in...well I wouldn't want to tell anyone but honestly I don't even know the time frame... Lets just say it has been a LONG period of time, I went to a Step and Sculpt class. It was fun, but I apparently don't have good form because the instructor spent a good deal of time watching me and trying to get me to correct all the things I did wrong. And to make the night even more eventful...I FELL!! I have never claimed to be the most coordinated person in the world but seriously I thought I could make it through a Step class without falling on my rear! Oh my goodness! The sad part was before I fell the instructor was saying "if your foot does not pivot well, do not do this move..." and here I was thinking, my foot is pivoting pretty well for a newbie to the class and WHAM! My thigh muscle locks up, I attempt to catch myself as I stumble backwards and then I was on the floor. It must has looked a lot worse than it felt because immediately the instructor has run over to me asking me if I was OK. Lord...seriously?! Did that JUST happen? I embarrass really easy and this needless to say was very embarrassing! In a class full of people the new, chubby kid goes sliding across the floor! I hope you have a good mental image... I am sure from an outsider's position (once they knew I was fine) it was a comical sight to be seen.

Today since my legs were a little on the tight side I opted to not go to class and instead went to my in-law's house and rode a bike and got on the treadmill. I did not feel the need to go to class and have my entire leg lock up and fall again. I am just hoping that since I did work out again today that I will not be in AS much pain as I would have been if I had stayed on the couch at home. I am really trying this time. I hope I can keep it up! From last week at this time I have lost 3 pounds and even just losing that small number it has been a good motivator that I can try even harder and lose more.

 Everyone needs a little frog in their lives!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment