background

March 12, 2011

Friends

I was hanging out with some of our very close friends the other night when we starting reminiscing about how we met each other and what our first impressions were of each other.
This is always a funny thing to talk about with good friends, because generally there are always crazy things behind your first impressions. For example, my oldest friend Tosha... (Love you girly!!) We have known each other for 18 years and we often go back to the first time we met in 3rd grade, and it makes us laugh every single time! She was sitting at the desk in school and I walked in. This being the first day of school, you sit where you want/can. I was brand new to the school and later found out she was too. We were 8 years old and neither of us knew a soul in the school expect our siblings. She was sitting at the desk with her head resting in her hand and her face was all smooshed up because of her hand. I came up beside her to sit down and according to her, I gave her the nastiest look of all times as I pulled the chair out super slow. Now I can honestly tell you I have no idea what I was thinking about her but it is just funny that all these years later we talk about that day.
While we were talking about this the other night my friend, Larry gave me such a great compliment though when we started this whole conversion. He said that over the course of the past 7 years that he has known me, I haven't changed. I haven't converted myself to be like anyone else or to fit in. He said since the beginning, I have had the attitude of "this is me, here I am. Take it or leave it." And I have been thinking about what he said all week! As minor as it was it was just awesome to hear someone say that about you. I don't want to be known as someone who changes how I act based on the people that surround me. I have known TOO many people like that in my life and have always been annoyed with them. I am just so happy to know, that even if it is only Larry, that someone out there thinks this of me and it really made my week!
I love all my friends and I am so glad through all the ups and downs that I have been through in my life that God has me here surrounded by such an awesome group of people!



Little man bouncing away! :)  (it is really blurry b/c it was taken with my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment