background

February 18, 2011

Compliments

I was out and about last Friday in town with Noah. We had some errands to do before the weekend, one of which included us going to Office Depot to order some business cards. We park in the parking lot, I go around the car to get his stroller out of the back and load his car seat into the stroller and proceed into the store. This is when I hear " I love your jacket!"  I turn because you don't often hear a male voice yelling compliments about someone's apparel in the parking lot and discover the voice is talking to me. I smile and say thank you (to be nice), and then he proceeds to yell something about me being beautiful. I again smile and walk into the store.

Now you are probably thinking one of two things...1) "Wow that must have made you feel good!" or 2) "Really?? While you were pushing your child in a stroller???"

How did it make me feel? You ask....Well I have to say, I was among those thinking "Really?? With my son in a stroller you yell at me across a parking lot???"  
First off, lets start with the obvious. I understand that there are a lot of single moms out there, so me pushing the stroller is not necessarily a give away that I am married, but come on guys, if you want to give a lady a compliment, how about NOT screaming across the parking lot of an office supply store.
But this is the kicker! This guy, was A) not attractive, B) a smoker, and C) yelling at me from the passenger's side of his friend's MINI VAN....And not even yelling at me from his own window mind you, he has his friend roll down the driver's side window so he could yell over him.
Now lets take a stroll back to 1999 when TLC put it the best

"I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me"

ahmmm... I rest my case, Thank you TLC.

I did however call Allen to tell him about my experience and he responded with "Oh yeah!"
My response... "That's right! Your wife's still got it!" ha ha ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment