background

November 28, 2010

I married a mini Clark Griswald

Thanksgiving is over and we only have 27 days until Christmas! I am truly amazed at how fast this year has gone by. Everyone always tells you that pregnancies go so fast and babies grow so fast, but honestly there is no describing where time goes. I look at my precious little man and I really makes me want to cry when I think he will be FOUR months on Thursday! Four Months!! I want to hold him all day and never put him down. He will never be this small again and I don't want to miss a second of it. It is sad, really. I am here all day with him and when we go out to see family or friends, they of course want to see him, and I too, want them to see him, but a small crazy part of me gets jealous when someone else is holding him. How crazy is that? I mean seriously, I am with him ALL day and I should be so excited that I am getting a break, and really most of me is, but a sad little part of me misses every second that I am not holding him. Sometimes at night when he is asleep I miss him too. He is in his room, and I can watch him sleep but I miss him because I can't hold him. I know I sound like a crazy weirdo mom, and I don't want to but I am just being honest. I love this little guy so much, more than words can describe and he is just growing so fast, it hurts!

I am so excited about his first Christmas! He will have absolutely no idea what is going on, but I am excited. It is bringing the essence of childhood Christmas back into our lives!! I LOVED thinking about Santa when I little. I would make a "days till Christmas" countdown calendar with notebook paper and couldn't wait until the morning to tear the next day off (Luckily for Noah my mother-in-law got this for us, so he won't have to do that)


















But Allen and I are both so excited about doing Santa with him! I married a mini Clark Griswald, so this is Allen's favorite time of the year, we have old school C-9 lights up outside, wreaths on all of the windows, candles (with awesome flickering light bulbs) in the windows, and about 1200 lights on the Christmas tree inside, and I Love all of it!! :)

I just truly feel very blessed this year and I am so very thankful for everyone and everything in my life!

Especially my husband and this precious little blessing!!



2 comments:

  1. Alicia, I can't believe how much he has grown! Christmas has a whole new meaning when there are little ones around. I hope you and your family have a VERY Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April! I hope you and your boys have a wonderful Christmas too!! :)

    ReplyDelete